“If you want to GROW…you have to GO”
Mike and I LOVE to set our goals together...we suggest to our kids to do the same...we drive them nuts sometimes because we buy them so many journals! Take some time to read this summary Mike put together for his partners. Most importantly, APPLY IT!
You will be glad you did!
I AM ASSUMING YOU WANT TO GO SEE WHAT YOU CAN REALLY DO IN THIS LIFE BECAUSE YOU’RE READING THIS. YOU HAVE THAT INDESCRIBABLE URGE TO LIVE A FULL LIFE OF SUCCESS. YOU DESIRE TRAVEL AND TO SEE THE WORLD WHICH BY THE WAY IS AMAZING! YOU YEARN FOR MENTORING OR LEARNING FROM OTHERS WHO CAN HELP YOU. YOU WANT TO HELP OTHERS SUCCEED AND OFFER WAYS TO HELP THEM FULFILL THEIR DREAMS. LET ME JUST SAY THAT IF YOU FEEL ANY OF THIS YOU ARE DEFINITELY ON THE RIGHT TRACK AND THE KEY IS TO GO.
When I decided to GO I was young and in my early 20’s but I set a goal to have this amazing network one day that spanned across the world. I set a goal to have a network of people that were massively successful in all parts of the world. I still work on these goals every day. Literally I have lost track of how many cities and countries I have been too but what I have NOT lost track of is the remarkable friends and associates I have across the world. I can travel to most continents in the world and have a place to stay if needed. I have friends in cities all over the world that would invite me to dinner and simply catch up. I say this NOT to impress you yet to “impress upon” you of what you can do.
HAVING FRIENDS ALL OVER THE WORLD IS AN AMAZING FEELING, YOU FEEL RICH AND WEALTHY IN A VERY UNIQUE WAY.
Some days I will actually communicate with my network in several different time zones…putting some to bed and saying good morning to others. Remember “it’s a small world” as a kid? That’s a true story.
When you decide to GO…you must put too much pressure on the length of time it will take you to get to where you want or need to be. Don't drive yourself crazy!!! The reality is that the time will pass anyway so just focus on the little things to get there and you will be surprised when it just starts happening. It’s not a matter of IF but WHEN.
Here is a plan to help you GO. Go for the feelings you have on getting out of the bubble. Follow this simple plan to EMBRACE those feelings and uncover some of the steps you need to take little by little to GET what you actually want to GO for.
1. Invest in you and buy a Journal. You and your goals are important. Make it neat, make it something you look forward to writing in… more so for a keepsake. One day long after you are not physically here anymore your children will read this journal. It will inspire them.
2. Map out your simple goals for your life. Start by listing a category of your life. Categories like physical, wellness, financial, family, career, pleasure, spiritual, travel, etc.
3. After each category write down a few things you would like to do, improve or achieve. There are no right or wrong things to say or do …. just let it come out naturally. Example might be for financial: “I want to be debt free, I want to eventually buy a beach house for my kids and I.” If its family, you might say: “I want to be a better parent or spouse. I want to take my family on vacation.
4. Now that you have a good list of categories and some fresh goals it’s time to prioritize. List a number by the category for its priority. So list #1 by family and #2 by financial, etc. This is VERY important so please pay attention to what I am about to say…Your priorities will change monthly so don’t prioritize based on status quo. Prioritize based on what you need to get laser focused on for that month. Simply put your family will always be your #1 but if your health is out of whack don’t be afraid to make it #1 for a month. Change these numbers as things evolve every month to achieve balance.
5. Now it’s time to map out your mid and long term plans. This should be a few other pages in your journal. Simply write a few paragraphs on where you see yourself a year from now. That would be considered mid-term. Then consider where you will be 5 years from now and proceed to write your long term goals. Remember your short term is in the depth of your priorities you have already set in place.
6. Get some VISION. If your dream is to own a BMW or to build a HOME then by all means find an amazing color photo for your key visual goals. If you set a goal to own that BMW in 2 years, then CUT the picture up in 24 pieces. Now challenge yourself to work on your monthly goals and at the end of the month you can paste one piece of your goal picture on your goal board. Watch your goals come alive from monthly activity and actions!
7. State your goals. Share them with your friends and family. Although you may feel reluctant to do so, trust me it will trigger some inner strength when you need it the most.
8. Include your spouse and or partner. Make it fun, motivating and rewarding.
IF YOU WANT TO GO, YOU HAVE TO START SOMEWHERE.
THIS BASIC BLUEPRINT WILL GET YOU GOING AND WILL START THE PROCESS. REMEMBER THAT YOU HAVE INCREDIBLE PEOPLE IN YOUR LIFE THAT WILL CHEER YOU ON AND BE YOUR BIGGEST FAN. WHEN YOU START WORKING ON YOUR PLAN TO GO; YOU WILL FIND THE RIGHT PEOPLE TO HELP YOU.
Decide to get out of the bubble and GO.
Mike and I bought this journal for 2017...hand made in Italy. We completed our goals on our way to a Vegas training event for our team in early December giving us time to revise them by the 1st!