Chiropractic care can create optimal function of the nervous system without using drugs or surgery and has been shown to correct conditions that are far removed from their proximity to the spine, creating true health and healing. ~Dr. Patel
Chiropractic is a healthcare discipline that emphasizes the inherent recuperative power of the body to heal itself without the use of drugs or surgery. The practice of chiropractic focuses on the relationship between structure (primarily the spine) and function (as coordinated by the nervous system) and how that relationship affects the preservation and restoration of health. In addition, doctors of chiropractic recognize the value and responsibility of working in cooperation with other health care practitioners when in the best interest of the patient. ~Association of Chiropractic Collages
My children and I visit our chiropractor 2-3 times a month, more if we are sick. Since there are so many misconceptions about chiropractic care I decided to write this blog.
A few of the common misconceptions are:
- It hurts
- It's not safe
- They aren't real doctors
- It doesn't work
- You only need to see a chiropractor if you have an injury
To give you a better picture of what a chiropractic adjust looks like I visited my friend Dr. Patel at her new clinic Core Life Chiropractic in Shaker Heights Ohio. You can learn more about Dr. Patel HERE and watch the video of my visit below!
One of the best things about chiropractic adjustments is they are a drug-free way to heal your body naturally. Did you know that many chiropractic programs incorporate an entire year of PhD-level advanced nutrition training? Check out this blog about nutrition I did with Dr. Patel last year.
Chiropractic benefits include helping to naturally improve problems such as:
- Strengthen Immune System
- GI Issues
- Improved mental clarity
- Ear Infections (see blog on curing ear infections naturally)
- Neck pain
- Sinus problems
- Arthritis and joint pain
- Decrease Blood pressure
- Organ function
- Surgery prevention
- Colic, Acid Reflux and Ear Infections in children
In a 2003 study published in the British Medical Journal, 183 patients with neck pain were randomly allocated to receive either manual therapy (spinal mobilization), physiotherapy (mainly exercise) or general practitioner care (counseling, education and drugs) over the course of a 52-week period. The clinical outcome measures showed that chiropractic adjustments resulted in faster recovery than physiotherapy and general practitioner care. Moreover, total costs of the chiropractic-treated patients were about one-third of the costs of physiotherapy or general practitioner care. (4)
Top 5 Reasons To Take Your Child To A Chiropractor
- To promote proper growth and development and to limit health challenges such as issues with nursing and reflux.
- To allow a child’s nervous system and spine to grow optimally and without interference. To reduce ear infections, bed wetting, asthma and allergies.
- To improve a child’s immune system and digestive health and to limit colic and constipation.
- To encourage nerve and brain development (neural plasticity). To promote proper perception and awareness preventing labels such as ADHD, Sensory Integration Disorder and other neurodevelopmental disorders.
- To be proactive about your child’s overall health and wellbeing which will limit and support them through colds and infections and allow them to meet their optimal potential.
Get in touch with Dr. Pooja Patel: